Warm Fingerling Salad With Arugula
- Srv: 4
- Cal: 402
- By: Tiffany Cain and Mae Schrey, Weinhard Café Dayton, Washington
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds Washington Russian Banana or Ruby Crescent fingerling potatoes
Rinse and pat dry arugula. In food processor, process arugula, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Set aside.
Scrub potatoes under cold running water. Cut in half lengthwise. Place in a stockpot with 1 teaspoon salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Add more olive oil to the arugula mixture if it is too thick. While potatoes are still warm, toss with the arugula mixture.