Tuscan Kale and Potato Instant Soup
- Complexity: easy
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Ready in: 50 minutes
- Srv: 4
- Cal: 530
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh sage leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 lb Washington State Yukon Gold or Yellow-Fleshed Potatoes, chopped
- 1 can (19 oz) white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
With lid off, select Sauté on Instant Pot; set to medium temperature. Heat oil in inner pot; add sausage, onion, sage, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until turkey is starting to brown and onion and garlic are starting to soften.
Stir in broth, potatoes and beans. Cancel Sauté function. Close and lock the lid. Select Pressure Cook/Manual setting on High pressure for 10 minutes.
When pressure cooking is complete, quick-release the pressure. Once pressure is released, remove lid. Stir in pesto; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in kale.
Spoon soup into bowls; top with sprinkle of cheese.