Spicy Thai Waffle Fries
- Serves: 21
- Cal: 197
- By: Chef Brenda
by Chef Brenda
- 4 ½ lb Waffle fries, frozen, skin on
- 2 Tbsp Crushed red pepper, spice
- ½ cup Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp White vinegar, distilled
- 2 Tbsp Sugar, granulated
- ¼ cup Soy sauce, less sodium
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced, bottled
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger, minced, bottled
- ½ cup Green onions, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- Cook Potatoes: Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange each 4 1/2 lb bag potatoes in a single layer on a full sheet pan. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Hold at 140° F or higher.
- Prepare Sauce: May make the day before service. In a large bowl, whisk together crushed red pepper, rice wine vinegar, white vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Stir in green onions and sesame seeds. Hold at 41° F or lower. Use within 7 days.
- Serve: ½ cup waffle fries (4 oz spoodle) with a side of Spicy Thai Sauce (#60 scoop or 3-1/4 tsp or ½ oz wt).