Cuban Potato Shaker Salad
- Srv: 50
- By: Chef Brenda
- Orange juice 1 quart ½ cup
- Lime juice, fresh 1 ½ cups
- Olive oil or vegetable oil 1 cup
- Oregano, dried ¼ cup
- Cumin, ground ¼ cup
- Garlic, fresh, minced 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper, ground 2 tablespoons
- Salt 2 teaspoons
- Potatoes, russet, fresh, baked and chilled, ¾-inch dice
- ¾-inch dice 10 pounds Ham, 97% fat-free, cooked, water added, diced, USDA Foods 7 pounds 10 ounces
- Red bell peppers, fresh, ½-inch
- Place the orange juice, lime juice, oil, oregano, cumin, garlic, black pepper, and salt in a blender. Blend on high until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
- Using 1.5-ounce or 2-ounce portion cups, pour 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of the dressing into each portion cup and seal each with a tight-fitting lid.
- Prepare each salad component and place in separate containers- diced potatoes, diced ham, red bell peppers, brown rice, and green onions. Assemble shaker salads using 16-ounce clear cups with flat straw lids, and no-hole dome lids.
- In each 16-ounce cup, layer the components in the following order from bottom to top: ¼ cup brown rice, ¼ cup diced red bell peppers, 2.44 ounces diced ham, ½ cup diced potatoes, 1 tablespoon green onions.
- Place a flat lid over each cup, place a portion cup of dressing on the flat lid, and cover with a no-hole dome lid. Hold chilled until service.