Chicken & Potatoes en Papillote
- Srv: 2
- By: Raquel DeHoyos
- 2 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( about 11 oz each)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 16 petite tri-colored potatoes (about 9 oz)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Remainder of 1 large orange, peeled, segmented and juiced
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 large sprig of fennel fronds, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- parchment paper
Preheat oven to 350°.
Trim off any excess fat from chicken breasts and season with salt, garlic powder, orange zest and oil. Set aside.
Slice petite potatoes into thin coins and add to a large mixing bowl along with the garlic, fennel, onion, minced herbs, orange segments and juice. Season with salt and gently mix.
Cut two pieces of parchment (about 16 x 12) and fold in half to make two pouches. Place onto a large baking sheet.
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken, skin side down for about 5 minutes or until golden. Turn the breasts over and sear the second side another 5 minutes.
Divide the vegetable mixture into the two pouches and place two pats of butter onto each pile. Once chicken is seared, place on top of the vegetables. Pour any remaining vegetable juice on top of the chicken. Crimp the edges of the parchment packets to seal everything in. Bake in the oven for 33 minutes or until potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork and chicken juices run clear.
Remove from oven and carefully open each pouch. Slice chicken and plate with a side of vegetables.