Winter Garden Potato Salad
- Srv: 12
- Cal: 177
- By: Diana Dillard, Seattle Culinary Academy, Seattle Central Community College
- 2 pounds small Washington red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 bunches watercress, woody stems removed (about 2 cups)
- 10 medium radishes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup 1-inch diagonal slices chives
- Salt and cracked black pepper
Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush under cold running water. Cut potatoes in half. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and add the 1 teaspoon salt and enough cold water to cover completely. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare Lemon Vinaigrette. Drain potatoes and turn into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with half of the Lemon Vinaigrette. Cool slightly. Toss with watercress, radishes, chives and remain- ing Lemon Vinaigrette. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve warm.
Lemon Vinaigrette: In blender or food processor, combine 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon each sugar, minced garlic, and Dijon mustard. With the motor running slowly drizzle 2/3 cup canola oil into the lemon juice mixture and blend until combined. Add 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper and blend briefly.