Whole 30 Mashed Potatoes
- By: Meg Clark
- 3-4 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes (I prefer Yukon Gold for this recipe)
- ½ - 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter
- Salt to taste
- Optional: ½ cup potato water, reserved
Note: other types of potatoes may be used here such as
Russet, white or sweet potatoes. If you're using a potato with
thinner skin like white, gold or sweet you don't have to peel
them if you prefer not to. Just wash gently before cutting.
1. Fill a large pot with enough water that your potatoes will be
fully covered. Set it over high heat on the stove and bring to
2. Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes, cover, and
cook for about 15 minutes or until they are “fork tender.” This
means you should easily be able to pierce the potato chunks
with a fork.
3. Drain the potatoes, reserving a ½ cup of the potato water
if you’d like a creamier mash.
4. Add the coconut milk and ghee and mash with a potato
masher or large fork if you want a chunkier mash. For a
smoother texture use an immersion blender. Add the potato
water or more coconut milk if you want a smoother, creamier
5. Salt to taste and enjoy!