Twice-Baked Russian Banana Fingerling Potatoes with Smoked Salmon and Ikura
- Srv: 12
- Cal: 137
- By: Patrick Miller, Sun Mountain Lodge Winthrop, Washington
- 6 medium Washington Russian Banana fingerling potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced cold-smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Ground white pepper
- 1 ounce Ikura (preserved salmon roe)
- Chive tips
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Toss the potatoes with olive oil and sea salt to taste. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
Split potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the centers of each half, being careful not to damage the skin. With a fork, combine and mash the potato centers with Mascarpone cheese, salmon and chives. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
Fill the potato halves with filling and bake until light golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Garnish each potato with 1/2 teaspoon Ikura and chive tips.