Tom Douglas' Corned Beef Hash with Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Srv: 4
- Cal: 644
- By: Tom Douglas Etta’s, Palace Kitchen and Dahlia Lounge and Bakery
- 8 ounces Washington Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 1 poblaño chile, seeded and minced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup diced carrot
- 3 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon bottled chili sauce
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs, poached
Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush under cold running water. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and add cold water to cover completely. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In large skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add potatoes, onion, poblaño and carrot and fry, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and potatoes begin to brown. Add corned beef and chili sauce. Season to taste with salt. Add 2 table- spoons butter and fry, tossing or turning, till hash starts to get crisp and brown. Top each portion with 2 poached eggs.