Southern Sausage and Potato Stew
- Complexity: easy
- Srv: 5
- By: Chef Kirsten Helle Sandoval
- 1-2 tsp butter or oil
- 12 oz sausage of your choice (diced cooked chicken or other savory cooked link sausage, or uncooked ground sausage, whatever you have on hand)
- 4 potatoes, peeled (if desired) and diced into ½” pieces
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Creole Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 2 cups broth of your choice
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *Optional: pinch of sugar
Preheat a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. When hot add oil or butter, swirl to coat the pan.
Add sausage to the pot, cook until golden brown.
Add remaining ingredients to the pot.
Bring to a boil, cover, and lower the heat to low. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.*The smaller you dice your potatoes the faster they cook. You can leave this stew on to cook on low for several hours, the flavors just get better and better.
Serve and enjoy!
Visit https://www.mesadevida.com/sauces/ to buy some of Chef Kirsten's yummy sauces used in a variety of potato recipes!