Slow Cooker Potato and Chicken Curry
- Complexity: easy
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 4 hours
- Ready in: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Srv: 6
- Cal: 340
- 1 can (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp store-bought jerk marinade paste
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 lb Washington State Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
In bowl of slow cooker, combine coconut milk, chicken broth, onion, garlic, curry powder, thyme, ginger, jerk marinade, salt and pepper in bowl of slow cooker. Stir in potatoes, chicken and chickpeas.
Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours (or low for 6 to 8 hours) or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
Stir in cilantro and lime juice.