Sesame Stir - Fry Baked Potatoes
- Srv: 4
- By: Raquel DeHoyos/Boastful Food LLC
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 6 Tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ a medium yellow onion, diced small (about 1 cup )
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 large shiitake mushrooms (about 7.5 oz), stems removed and sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 ½ cups (about 3 oz) broccoli cut into bite - sized pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, medium dice
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 4 Tablespoons low - sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400̊.
Scrub and rinse potatoes. Cut each potato in half lengthwise and score each piece with an “X” using a small paring knife. Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and rub with 3 tablespoons sesame oil and salt. Place cut side down and bake on the lower rack of the oven for 35 minutes.
Rinse and chop all of the vegetables. Place the remaining 3 tablespoons of sesame oil into a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and gently sauté just until soft but not brown. Next, add green cabbage and mushrooms, stirring occasionally until soft. Continue with broccoli and red bell pepper until broccoli turns bright green but is still crisp. Add in red cabbage and soy sauce and mix well. Remove from heat.
When potatoes are done, serve each with 1 cup of stir fry topping and garnish with sesame seeds.