ROASTED RUSSIAN BANANA POTATOES AND VEGETABLES
- Srv: 6
- Cal: 347
- By: Mike Davis, Walla Walla, Washington
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 12 asparagus spears, woody stems removed and trimmed
- 8 Washington Russian Banana or Ruby Crescent fingerling potatoes
- 3 medium shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium Walla Walla sweet onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Scrub potatoes under cold running water. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, thyme, basil, and garlic. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss potatoes and vegetables with olive oil to coat completely. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on baking sheet.
Roast for 15 minutes. Turn vegetables. Return to oven and roast until tender and golden, about 5 minutes longer.
Transfer vegetables to a heated serving platter. Sprinkle with herb mixture then season to taste with kosher salt and ground black pepper.