Roasted Rosemary and Butternut Potato Bites
- By: Raquel DeHoyos/Boastful Food LLC
- 1 ½ # baby red potatoes (about 25 small to medium sized baby red potatoes)
- 1 1/4 cups butternut squash
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon s salt , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , divided
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary , finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cut potatoes in half crosswise and use a small½ teaspoon to scoop out the centers. Try to leave a small rim around the center and not scoop too deep and poke through the bottoms. Place potato center scraps into a small saucepan. In a large mixing bowl, toss halved potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and 1 large clove of minced garlic. Spread cut-side down onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 minutes or until you can easily pierce through the thickest part with a paring knife. Allow cooling slightly before handling. When cool, trim off a thin layer from the bottom so the potato will lay flat.
Peel and deseed a small butternut squash and measure out 11/4cups and add to the saucepan with the potato scraps. Add enough water to cover, place a lid on the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and cook until tender,about10-13minutes.
When potato and butternut mixture is cooked, drain and return to the pot along with butter, rosemary,remaining1 teaspoon salt, parmesan, and remaining black pepper.