Roasted Many-Potato Salad
- Srv: 8
- 2 lbs. mixed purple, red and yellow Washington potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 sliced 30% less fat center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450°. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush under cold running water. Cut each potato into quarters. In large bowl toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Arrange potato quarters in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast until potatoes are browned and tender but still hold their shape, about 18 to 20 minutes, turning once during roasting time. Place in large bowl.
While potatoes are roasting, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the onion and cook 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers, jalapeño, and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add to the bowl with the potatoes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, green onions, cilantro, lime juice and salt to the potatoes. Toss to mix. Serve warm or at room temperature.