Potato Rosemary Bread
- Srv: 2
- Cal: 145
- By: Tiffany Cain and Mae Schrey, Weinhard Café Dayton, Washington
- Potato Mixture:
- 3/4 cup freshly cooked mashed Washington Russet potatoes
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- Dough Mixture:
- 6-1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry instant yeast
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil for coating bowl
Combine potato mixture and set aside.
Mix dough ingredients in a heavy-duty mixer or large bowl.
Mix the potato mixture into the dough mixture. When the dough starts to come together, remove from bowl and knead on lightly floured board for about 12 minutes.
Lightly coat a large bowl with vegetable oil and place dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
Grease two 8-cup loaf pans. Punch dough down and divide between the two pans. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
Bake at 375°F until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.