What You'll need
1 simple low-voltage LED digital clock
2 common galvanized nails
3 8-inch pieces of insulated copper wire
6 alligator clips
- To get started, remove the battery from the clock and connect one alligator clip to each end of your three pieces of wire.
- Stick one nail and one penny into opposite ends of the potato as far apart as possible. When inserting the pennies make sure you push them in at an angle.
- Clip one of the copper wires to one of the pennies in your first potato. Then connect the same wire to the positive (+) terminal in the clock's battery compartment.
- Clip one of the copper wires to the nail in your second potato. Then connect the same wire to the negative (-) terminal in the clock's battery compartment.
- Use the third wire to connect the nail in the first potato to the penny in your second potato. Then set your clock! Voila...the power of potatoes!