Panko Garlic Topped Mashed Potatoes
- Serves: 100
- Cal: 109
- By: Chef Brenda
by Chef Brenda
Panko Breadcrumbs Topping
- Panko breadcrumbs 1 lb or 1 qt 2 3/4 cups 2 Tbsp
- Nonstick cooking spray 3 sprays
- Mashed potatoes, butter-flavored, reduced sodium, dehydrated 4 lb 6 oz or 2 1/2 bags
- Hot water, tap 2 1/2 gal
- Granulated garlic 1/4 cup 1 Tbsp
- White whole wheat flour 1 lb or 3 3/4 cups
- Green onions, fresh, chopped with tops 1 lb 11 oz or 1 qt 2 1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Season Panko: In medium bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs and granulated garlic.
- Prepare Sheet Pan(s): One full sheet pan per full bag dehydrated potatoes (28 oz bag). One half sheet pan per half bag dehydrated potatoes (14 oz). Spray sheet pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare & Season Mashed Potatoes: Prepare mashed potatoes according to manufacturer’s instructions. Each full bag (28 oz): Whisk in 2 Tbsp granulated garlic and 1 gallon water. Each half bag (14 oz): Whisk in 1 Tbsp granulated garlic per and 1/2 gallon water.
- Prepare Sheet Pan Potatoes: Using a rubber spatula, spread prepared mashed potatoes evenly into prepared sheet pan(s). Each full sheet pan (28 oz bag): Sprinkle evenly with 2 1/2 cups green onions. Top with 2 1/2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs. Each half sheet pan (14 oz bag): Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/4 cups green onions. Top with 1 1/4 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake Potatoes: Bake potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes, turning each pan halfway through cooking for even cooking and browning. CCP: Heat and hold at 140° F or higher.
- Serve: Cut each full sheet pan into 4 x 10 pieces using a dough divider. Cut each half pan 4 x 5. Serve one piece.