NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR 2023 POTATOES USA BOARD MEMEBERS
Potatoes USA announces nominations are now open for new Board Members for the 2023-2026 term. The board is seeking nominees to fill a total of 65 open seats for producers from the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and Importers.
Potatoes USA is the nation’s potato research and promotion organization and is the central organizing force in implementing programs to strengthen demand for U.S. potatoes. Potatoes USA provides the ideas, information, tools, and inspiration for the industry to unite in achieving common goals.
All state potato organizations have received the information and materials to begin the process of seeking and nominating interested growers. Appointed growers will be seated on the Board at the 2023 Annual Meeting in Denver, March 13-15, 2023.
Board Member Guidelines
It serves the good of both potato production regions and Potatoes USA by recruiting Board Members who will take an active interest in participating on the Board. A Board Member should communicate the interests of his/her production region to the Board and carry the message of the Board back to his/her farming community. A nominee for Potatoes USA should be willing to:
- Attend the Board’s Annual Meeting held in March each year of the three-year term, 2021- 2024.
- Be active in the potato-farming community.
- Be visible in community work, participate in local government, cultural or business affairs - someone who is a leader.
- Be willing to represent and communicate with his/her constituents on a regular basis.
- Take the time to actively support Potatoes USA programs in his/her area.
- Speak to grower groups, newspaper reporters, and interested parties about Potatoes USA programs, relating the value of the Board to all growers, how the 3-cent per hundredweight assessment is invested, and ask for input from those interested in becoming active in the promotion of potatoes.