Macrina???s Roasted Potato and Fresh Rosemary Quiche
- Srv: 6
- Cal: 710
- By: Kim Abrams-Marshall, Macrina Bakery and Cafe, Seattle
- Roasted Potatoes:
- 1 1/2 pounds Washington white or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper, as needed
- 1 leek, white portion only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Fontina cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Prepare pastry as in Galette recipe. Fit loosely into 10-inch fluted tart pan. Trim edge. Freeze 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake pastry shell until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside.
Roasted Potatoes: Roast as in Buttery Galette recipe. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in small skillet over medium heat, sauté leek in butter until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Custard: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, yolks, cream, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until thoroughly mixed.
To assemble: Sprinkle Fontina cheese and sautéed leek over the bottom of the baked tart shell. Arrange roasted potato slices in overlapping circles on top of the cheese. Pour custard mixture evenly over and around potatoes. Bake at 350°F until custard is puffy around edges and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges to serve.
Garnish with fresh rosemary.