Latin Chicken & Potato Pouches
- Complexity: easy
- Srv: 4
- By: Chef Kirsten Helle Sandoval
- 4 sheets of foil, about 12” x 12”
- 4 sheets of parchment paper, about 12” x 12”
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed *You may substitute chicken breast, or boneless chicken, just adjust the cooking time down about 10 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- 4 potatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Optional additional toppings: chopped cooked bacon, sliced green onions or chives, sour cream
Preheat your oven or barbecue to 400 degrees. Lay out your sheets of foil on the bottom, and a place a sheet of parchment paper on top.
Drizzle the chicken and potatoes with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Arrange the potatoes and chicken on the parchment paper with the potatoes on the bottom, chicken on top.
Season the Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Cooking & Seasoning Sauce with salt to taste. Spoon the sauce evenly over each piece of chicken.
Fold the parchment paper around the chicken into a tight bundle, then fold the foil up and over, like wrapping a present. Place the pouches on a baking sheet, seam sides up.
Bake for 40 minutes. (If using your grill, use indirect heat and keep the grill lid closed to create an oven-like environment.)
Remove from the oven/barbecue, carefully unwrap the top of the foil and parchment, roll and tuck the excess paper and foil down around the chicken. (You’ll be creating a self-contained dish, with most of the chicken and potatoes exposed.)
Divide the cheese evenly over the chicken. Bake for 10 more minutes.
Serve with any additional toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Visit https://www.mesadevida.com/sauces/ to buy some of Chef Kirsten's yummy sauces used in a variety of potato recipes!