Kaspar’s Potato, Lobster and Arugula Martini
- Srv: 4
- Cal: 419
- By: Kaspar Donier, Kaspar’s, Seattle
- 2 pounds Washington Russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 Atlantic lobster tails (about 8 to 12 ounces total), cooked, shelled and diced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped arugula
- 4 to 6 long thin French fries
- 4 to 6 pitted green jumbo olives
Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush under cold running water. Peel and cut into 1-inch cubes. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and add cold water to cover completely. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well, then return to saucepan. Over low heat, heat 1 minute to dry.
Put potatoes through a ricer or food mill or mash with a masher. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add garlic and nutmeg and cook and stir until garlic is translucent. Stir in lobster, cream and arugula and heat to simmer. Stir potatoes into lobster mixture. Season to taste with salt. To serve, scoop into a large martini glass. Garnish each serving with a French fry stuck into the end of an olive.