Italian Potato Soup
- By: Washington Potato Company
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 - 10 medium - sized red potatoes, quartered
- 2 15.5 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 14.5 oz. cans roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 C water
- 1 bunch of kale, destemmed and sliced ¾” thick
Sauté carrots in olive oil till soft, about 3 minutes.
Add garlic and cook over medium for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add potatoes, tomatoes, beans, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Turn heat to low, cover and boil for 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving add kale and let cook for 2 minutes, until the kale softens.