Italian Potato Soup
- Complexity: easy
- Srv: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-10 medium sized red potatoes, quartered
- 2 15 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 14 oz. cans roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and sliced 3/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
Sauté carrots in olive oil till soft, about 3 minutes.
Add garlic and cook over medium for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add potatoes, tomatoes, beans and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Turn heat to low, cover and boil for 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving add kale and let cook for 2 minutes, until the kale softens.
Watch this video on how to how to prepare this fabulous potato vegetable soup.