Instant Pot Potato and Bean Chili
- Complexity: easy
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- Ready in: 50 minutes
- Srv: 6
- Cal: 360
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 1 lb Washington State White Potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (19 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (19 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded Tex Mex cheese blend
With lid off, select Sauté on Instant Pot; set to medium temperature. Heat oil in inner pot; add onion, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are starting to soften. Stir in broth, potatoes, tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans and barbecue sauce.
Cancel Sauté function. Close and lock the lid. Select Pressure Cook/Manual setting on High pressure for 20 minutes.
When pressure cooking is complete, quick-release the pressure. Once pressure is released, remove lid.
Spoon chili into bowls; serve with cheese.