Horseradish Scalloped Potatoes
- Srv: 8
- Cal: 397
- By: Diana Dillard Seattle Culinary Academy, Seattle Central Community College
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cayenne pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds (4 large) Washington Russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup grated fresh horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring cream, prepared horseradish, garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper to simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush under cold running water. Peel and slice crosswise in 1/8-inch thick slices. In an oiled or sprayed 9x13x2-inch baking pan, layer half the potatoes. Sprinkle with half the fresh horseradish and half the salt and pepper. Repeat layers.
Pour reserved cream mixture evenly over potato layers. Bake uncovered until top begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Cover with foil and bake until potatoes are tender about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.