Grilled Steak and Potato Skewers with Chimichurri Sauce
- Complexity: easy
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Srv: 4
- Cal: 500
- By: WA Potatoes
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE:
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 8 oz Red potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
Chimichurri Sauce: In mini food processor, pulse parsley, basil, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and red chili flakes until smooth.
Skewers: In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Thread potatoes and steak evenly onto 4 metal, bamboo or wooden skewers. (If using bamboo or wooden skewers, soak skewers in cold water for at least 1 hour before using.) Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Grill skewers, turning occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness and potatoes are grill-marked.
Serve skewers with Chimichurri Sauce for dipping.
· Substitute strip loin or rib-eye steak for sirloin if desired.
· Thread chunks of red onion or 1-inch pieces of green onion onto skewers along with potatoes and steak if desired.