Fennel and Goat Cheese Potato Salad
- Complexity: easy
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Srv: 4
- Cal: 260
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch each pepper and granulated sugar
- 1/2 small bulb fennel cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fennel fronds
- 3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain; let cool slightly. Slice in half diagonally.
Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar. Toss half of the dressing with warm potatoes. Let stand until cooled.
Toss remaining dressing with potatoes. Stir in fennel, arugula, parsley and fennel fronds. Sprinkle with goat cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Tip: Substitute sunflower seeds or walnuts for pumpkin seeds. Tossing some of the dressing with potatoes while they are still warm helps the potatoes absorb more flavor.