Easy Crowd Pleasing Whipped Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Complexity: easy
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Srv: 8
- By: Cassie Greenwade, Real Nutrition Now
No video selected.
- 3 pounds yellow potatoes, scrubbed clean, cut in 1” cubes
- 4 ounces (½ package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 standard stick of salted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup whole milk to thin
Fill a large pot with water to fully cover the potatoes. Place pot on stovetop burner with medium heat.
While water is coming to a boil, prep the potatoes by washing them. Then cube into equal squares to help the potatoes cook faster and evenly.
Once water is boiling add cut potatoes and cook until it’s tender with a fork but still firm, around 15 minutes then drain.
Add potatoes, cream cheese, butter, garlic powder, and salt to the stand mixer and beat on medium. Stop and check for lumps by using a spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl. Add milk to thin. Beat for approximately one to two minutes, until potatoes reach a creamy consistency.