Crispy Potato Taco Bowls
- Complexity: very easy
- Srv: 5
- By: Kirsten Helle Sandoval
- 4 medium red potatoes (about 2” in diameter), cut into 1” dices
- 2 tsp healthy oil/fat of your choice
- 1 lb ground meat of your choice, such as beef, chicken, turkey, or lamb. (Vegetarian option: Use 2 cans of black, kidney and/or pinto beans instead.)
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Latin Cooking and Seasoning Sauce
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- Salt to taste
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, placing a baking sheet in the oven as it preheats. Toss the diced potatoes with the oil, add salt to taste. When your oven is to temperature, carefully remove the hot baking pan and spread the diced potatoes in an even layer onto the pan. Place it into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat, when hot add the ground meat of your choice, pour the Mesa de Vida Latin cooking sauce over the top, and salt to taste. Cook, breaking up the meat and stirring often, until fully cooked and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
To serve: Place a portion of crispy potatoes onto a plate, top with a serving of the saucy seasoned meat mixture. Surround the potatoes with shredded lettuce, and top with the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Optional: toppings of your choice including salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, sliced olives, fresh cilantro, diced onions