Crispy Potato Pancake Coins
- Srv: 24
- Cal: 390
- 18 cups Mashed Potatoes, Prepared (Use less water to prepare the mash, this will help the potatoes keep thier shape)
- 1 cup Parmesan, Cheese, Grated
- Nonstick Pan Spray
- 3 cups Flour, All Purpose
- 3 cups Eggs, Liquid
- 3 cups Breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Salt-Free Season Blend
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F Place the prepared mashed potatoes into a large bowl and mix with the salt-free season blend. It’s best if the potatoes are chilled during this stage; this is a great way to use leftover mash.
2. Form the potato mixture into 1-ounce patties (coins). Line full-size sheet pans with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Arrange the potato patties on the parchment paper in an even layer and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to firm up.
3. In a large bowl combine breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese. Working one sheet pan at a time, dip the potato patties (coins) into the flour, then into the eggs, and finally into the breadcrumb mixture, making sure to fully coat each coin lightly. Arrange the breaded potato coins on a sheet pan with parchment paper.
4. Lightly spray them with pan spray and place into the oven. Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown on both sides. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the racks. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.