Chicken and Potato Lettuce Cups
- Complexity: easy
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Srv: 4
- Cal: 300
- By: WA Potatoes
- 8 oz Yellow Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 8 oz lean ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 8 large leaves Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut cucumber
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add remaining oil to skillet; cook potatoes, onion, garlic and ginger, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are lightly golden.
Stir in hoisin sauce, hot sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and 2 1/4 cups water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened. Stir in chicken.
Spoon chicken and potato mixture into lettuce cups; sprinkle with carrot, cucumber and green onion. Garnish with peanuts and sesame seeds.
· Substitute ground beef for chicken if desired.