Brooklyn Horseradish Mashers
- Srv: 6
- Cal: 207
- By: Kevin Riordan The Brooklyn Seafood, Steak and Oyster House, Seattle
- 1 1/4 pounds Washington Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons each prepared horseradish and sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush under cold running water. Peel potatoes and cut into chunks (about 3 inches). Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and add cold water to cover completely.
Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain.
Mash with potato masher or mixer on low speed to break potato chunks into small pieces. Mash or mix in Parmesan cheese, horseradish, and sour cream. Mash or mix in the cream. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Also pictured: Brooklyn Herb Inlaid Potatoes