Broccoli Potato Tots
- Complexity: medium
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Srv: 24
- 6 cups broccoli florets (1 lb)
- 8 green onions, finely chopped (3.2 oz)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves (0.3 oz)
- 2 eggs (3.5 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups dehydrated Potato Pearls (6.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper (0.3 oz salt, 0.1 oz pepper)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (0.1 oz)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (2.8 oz)
- Ketchup, for dipping
In large stockpot of boiling salted water, cook broccoli for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain well and let cool completely.
In food processor, combine broccoli, green onions and parsley; pulse until puréed. Transfer to large bowl; stir in eggs, Potato Pearls, Parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic powder until blended. Makes 1 quart.
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and brush with oil.
Scoop out 1 heaping tbsp (0.6 oz) of broccoli and potato mixture and shape into classic potato tot shape. Arrange on prepared pans, spacing at least 2 inches apart. Makes 48 potato tots.
Bake, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Hold for service. Serve 2 potato tots per portion with ketchup.