BBQ Pulled Pork Fries
- Srv: 100
- Cal: 409
- By: Chef Brenda
No video selected.
- 18 lb 12 oz** Pulled pork, cooked, frozen (USDA or Commercial)
- 1 gal 2 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, premade
- 3/4 cup Granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup 2 Tbsp Onion powder
- 1/4 cup 2 Tbsp Mustard, dry
- 15 lb French fries, potato, frozen, straight cut
- 3 lb 2oz Cheddar cheese, reduced fat, shredded (USDA or Commercial)
- 1 lb 9oz Jalapeno, sliced, canned, drained
- Thaw Pork: Thaw pulled pork under refrigeration 3–4 days before preparation. CCP: Hold at 40° F or lower.
- Preheat oven according to French fry package.
- Prepare BBQ Pulled Pork: Place pork in steamtable pans. Heat pork in steamer for 15 minutes, covered. Remove from the steamer, mash up meat to break up chunks and mix thoroughly. Add BBQ sauce to pork. Return to the steamer and cook, covered for an additional 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F. CCP: Heat to 165° F or higher for 15 seconds. CCP: Hold and serve at 140° F or higher.
- Prepare Seasoning Mixture: In a small bowl, mix granulated garlic, onion powder, and dry mustard.
- Season and Cook Fries: Empty each 5 lb bag French fries on a full sheet pan. Allow to sit out for 10 minutes for minimal thawing for seasoning to stick to the fries. Toss each pan of fries with 1/2 cup seasoning mixture, distributing evenly. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. CCP: Hold and serve at 140° F or higher.
- Serve: Top 1/2 cup (4 fl oz spoodle) French fries with 2 oz eq (#6 scoop*) BBQ pulled pork, 1/2 oz (1 fl oz spoodle) cheese, and 3 each jalapeno slices.
Note: Serve with a roll as a grab and go option for an offer vs serve reimbursable meal.
*Ounce equivalents may vary based on product types and cooking equipment. Please verify accurate serving utensil before service.
**Ounce equivalents based on CN label 3.08 oz serving per 2 oz meat equivalent.