Bacon, Egg & Cheese Hash Brown Casserole
- Srv: 6
- By: Raquel DeHoyos/Boastful Food LLC
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 ½ cups chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups hash browns, thawed
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs, scrambled
- Canola oil pan spray
Preheat oven to 375°. Remove hash browns from freezer and place in the refrigerator to thaw overnight or at least 1 hour before making the casserole.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté diced bacon until lightly golden. Add onions, bell pepper, broccoli and butter and cook for about 1-2 minutes or until everything is lightly softened but still crisp. Add bacon and vegetables to a large mixing bowl along with the hash browns, cheese, garlic powder and salt. Whisk eggs and add in last. Mix everything together. Pour into a lightly sprayed 8x8 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Season to taste.
Note: You can also bake these in muffin tins. They will bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes.