2022 WSPF SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY: FARMING IS OUR FUTURE
From the Washington State Potato Foundation-
Farming is our future, not only in the literal sense that what is grown “feeds the world” but also because for farming to adapt and evolve to the worlds’ needs, the industry demands fabulous young leaders. We are dependent on professionals committed to innovate, learn and execute their talents to ensure the vitality of our region. Please share your opinions via essay on the topic of “FARMING IS OUR FUTURE” Please incorporate how you specifically fit in to that future and what role you would play in shaping that future. You can approach the topic broadly such as how the pandemic affected the industry or what social perspectives exist about the farming profession. If you wish, tackle a more specific topic, such as what regulation changes, legal insights or scientific innovations are necessary to make farming more prepared for decades to come. Regardless of what you choose, be sure we hear how YOU will make an impact. Choose intentionally, be creative, make it personal & get writing!
Up to $2500 in scholarship award (paid directly to your college)
- Students should demonstrate insight and knowledge about the regional agriculture industry
- Applicants should be college or graduate school students pursuing an agriculture-related degree and/or desire to pursue an ag-related career.
- High school students aspiring to farming, agriculture should apply only if committed to follow through with a degree program consistent with these ag industry professions.
- Trade school applicants who desire to work in the agriculture industry may also
- Essay length should be no less than 750 words, but no more than 1200 words
- Acceptance letters will be issued and notifications will be sent by e-mail on June 5th
- Checks will be mailed directly to colleges the week of August 8th
- Spell-check and grammar check your essay
- Have a parent or teacher proofread your essay
- Please take your time and submit worthy work
- Consider an outline before you start If you can, include industry facts and/or personal perspectives.
Essay submissions become the property of Washington State Potato Foundation and all content can be reprinted for promotional uses and/or posted to the WSPF website or other printed/electronic media.
Essay Submissions DUE on or before MAY 25, 2022 by 11:59pm.
QUESTIONS CAN BE DIRECTED TO 509.528.4144