Szechwan Potato Topping
- Srv: 6
- 1 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped bok choy or napa cabbage
- ¼ cup (each) onion, sweet red peppers and sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared Szechwan sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 6 Washington Russet potatoes, hot (baked)
Stir fry the chicken in hot oil until no longer pink. Add vegetables and stir fry until crisp-tender. Combine water, Szechwan sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper; dissolve cornstarch and sugar in mixture. Stir into vegetables; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and clear.
Cut or pierce tops of potatoes lengthwise, squeeze ends and push toward center to open. Spoon chicken/vegetable mixture over potatoes. Vegetarian tip: Omit chicken and substitute 1 cup coarsely chopped broccoli.