Mashed Potato Flatbread
- Complexity: medium
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready in: 55 min
- Srv: 12
- 2 tsp salt (0.6 oz)
- 1 cup dehydrated Potato Pearls (4.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup milk (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (2 oz)
- 3 eggs (5.3 oz)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (1 lb 8 oz)
- 4 tsp baking powder (0.6 oz)
- 2 tsp baking soda (0.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, for brushing (4 oz)
- 4 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (1 lb)
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes (1 lb)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (1 lb 2 oz)
- 3 cups baby spinach (3 oz)
- 2 tbsp dried oregano (0.5 oz)
Mashed Potatoes: In saucepan, bring 2 cups water and salt to boil. Remove from heat; stir in Potato Pearls. Stir in milk and olive oil; set aside. Let cool completely.
Dough: In large bowl, stir eggs into mashed potatoes. In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda; stir into mashed potatoes to make shaggy dough. On lightly floured work surface, knead to form smooth dough. Let rest for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Divide dough into twelve 3-oz portions. Roll each portion into 8- x 4-inch oval. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheets; brush each flatbread with 2 tsp olive oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Flatbread Toppings: Top each flatbread with 1/3 cup (1.3 oz) cheese, 1/4 cup (1.3 oz) tomatoes, 1/4 cup (1.5 oz) chicken, 1/3 cup (0.3 oz) spinach and pinch of oregano.
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Bake flatbreads for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Hold for service. Serve 1 flatbread per serving.