Canlis Twice Baked Potatoes
Makes 8 servings
- 4 large Washington russet potatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ lb. (2 sticks) butter
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Grated Romano cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Scrub potatoes with a vegetable brush under cold running water, Cut ¼ inch from ends of each potato.
- Bake until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out centers into large bowl, leaving a shell of skin about ¼ inch thick.
- *Arrange shells on baking sheet. Add all remaining ingredients except for additional grated Romano for topping, and mash to mix well.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into skin shells. Sprinkle with additional Romano cheese. Bake until hot through and browned, about 25 minutes.
*If you wish, you can spoon potatoes into individual casseroles instead of skin shells. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and bake.
Nutritional Analysis per serving: 516 calories, 9 g protein, 42 g carbohydrates, 35 g fat (61% of calories from fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 4.5 g fiber, 828 mg sodium.