Recipe Created by Raquel DeHoyos / Boastful Food
Makes 34 pieces
- 1 ½ pounds baby gold potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (about ½ of a small bunch)
- 5 ½ ounces pepper jack cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 small jar of Spanish olives
- cocktail skewers
Preheat oven to 450˚.
In a large bowl, use a spatula to toss potatoes with oil, salt, pepper, cumin seeds, paprika and garlic. Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake on the middle rack in the oven for 25 minutes. Set mixing bowl aside.
When potatoes are done, place them back into the same mixing bowl, along with chopped cilantro and toss to coat. Allow potatoes to cool for about 5 minutes before assembling.
Assemble po-d’oeuvres by placing a cube of cheese and an olive on top of each potato and skewer with a cocktail skewer. Best enjoyed warm.